|I would compare J.S. Wilsoncroft to brightly colored confetti: fun, vibrant, and full of life!|
Write More Publications
Author Interview for J.S. Wilsoncroft
Amazon Author Page link: http://amzn.to/1cUYzHI
- What are the titles of your books?I have several romance books available nationwide; Remembering Zane, Fat Chances, The Unfaithful Widow, My Haunting Love, Toothless, Like Father Like Daughter and several stories in anthologies.
- Please tell us a little bit about your books.Most of my books are romance books. My Haunting Love is my first YA paranormal romance. Toothless is a horror short story and Like Father Like Daughter is a collection of short stories including a story written by my father, Jim Johnston.
- How did you come up with your book ideas?Don’t laugh, but a lot of my ideas come to me while I am shaving dogs asses. I am a full time dog groomer and a part time writer. I have been grooming for over seventeen years and could probably do it with my eyes closed, not that I ever would. LOL I guess my mind goes into overdrive then because I am relaxed, of course, occasionally I get a dog that likes to give me a hard time.
- What are your plans for the future?I hope to have my three book series, Roller Coaster Luv published in 2014 and possibly a few others.
- What is your day job?I groom puppies. I call all dogs of all ages puppies.
- What is your preferred genre to write?I much prefer to write romance but occasionally I like to write a paranormal story. I am a ghost hunter so I love spooky things.
- How did you become a writer?After reading The Twilight Saga, I joined a Stephenie Meyer fan page on Facebook. They used to have writing contests every week and one day I wrote a story. It got rave reviews so I continued to write, that’s when Roller Coaster Luv popped into my head and well…here I am with five published books and several ebooks. If someone would have come to me ten years ago and told me I was going to write a book I would have said they were crazy, but that just goes to show you that life is so unpredictable. Things change. People change. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. So if you can, make it the good!!
- Are you a planner, complete with detailed outlines, or do you fly by the seat of your pants when writing?Fly by the seat baby!!!!!!! I sit down at my laptop and let my fingers and mind flow…
- What is the best writing advice that you have ever been given?Just keep writing. No matter how many bad reviews or rejections you get from agents or publishers, just keep writing.
- What advice would you give a new writer?The same thing. Keep writing and never quit your day job. LOL And if your story gets a bad review, shake it off, don’t let it bother you. Remind yourself that you will NOT please everyone and then think of E.L. James’s Fifty Shades of Grey and how many one star reviews she got. She doesn’t care…she’s laughing all the way to the bank.
- What other projects do you have in the works at the moment?Roller Coaster Luv….this book is going to make J.S. Wilsoncroft a household name. LOL
- What surprises can we expect from you in the future?Hell if I know. I surprise myself every day.
- If you could journey into any of your books, interacting with the characters, which would it be and why?Greg Thomas from The Unfaithful Widow….he’s a Prince. Need I say more? And his father Bart Thomas, I just loved his personality. You can just imagine how pissed off I was at myself when I killed him off. I was saying, “Jamie, what the hell is wrong with you?”
- What public appearances do you have planned in the future?I have done several Barnes and Noble signings in Pennsylvania. I would love to do one in New York City. I have been invited to go to Maine to a convention in August. So, I’m pretty excited about that.
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with your fans?My fans? Doesn’t that sound wonderful? I am so grateful for them, my family and friends. They are the ones that keep me motivated to keep writing. I know I don’t say it enough and I truly apologize.
On behalf of Write More Publications and on behalf of myself, thank you!